Kelita – Quick Facts
Kelita – Quick Facts
- Five time JUNO nominee, multi – award winner with an armful of additional awards
- Kelita’s lyrics have won literary awards (“Bella”, “Deep Dark Secret”)
- “The Strong One” CD has sold over 25,000 copies in Canada.
- She has been on dozens of TV shows (nationally and internationally) as performer, host, co-host or interviewee
- Officially recognized by Gilbert Parent, The Speaker of The House of Commons, for her significant contribution to Canadian Country Music.
- Shania Twain sang backup vocals on one of Kelita’s earlier albums “Too Hot to Handle.”
- Co-wrote 2 songs with Susan Aglukark on her triple platinum album “This Child.”
- Performed for Princess Margaret at Toronto’s renown Imperial Room
- Performed with the Woody Herman Orchestra in Oklahoma
- Toured the Arctic Circle with Inuit triple platinum recording artist, Susan Aglukark.
- Toured extensively overseas, including tours to the Middle East and Europe with the Canadian Armed Forces and United Nations Peacekeepers.
- Appeared on Tommy Hunter Show 8 times
- Appeared on 100 Huntley St. TV show over 20 times as guest or co-host
- Kelita raised over $250,000 for the restoration of children rescued from Cambodian brothels through “Heavenly Night” concerts and CD sales
- Sang and spoke to over 6000 people for Youth Arise International – World Youth Day 2000 in Turin, Italy
- Hired as a special guest performer for various cruise lines
- Keynote, emcee and performer of ‘Girls Night Out;’ which toured extensively throughout the US and Canada
- Prolific songwriter – co-written with great song-writers as Naoise Sheridan, Cyril Rawson, Susan Aglukark, Gilles Godard, Ken Tobias and Johnny Douglas.
- Shared stage with many household names such as Glen Campbell, Reba McEntire, Kris Kristofferson, George Jones, Jim Carrey, k.d. lang, Waylon Jennings, Vince Gill to name a few.
- Multi-talented – accomplished speaker, actress, comedienne and TV host.
- Sang “Neighbours of the World” – official song for Calgary during Calgary Winter Olympics.
- World Vision Artist Associate for over 10 years.
- Composed and sang “Power to Change” – the anthem song of the ‘Power to Change’ initiative headed by Campus Crusade for Christ, Canada.
- Worked closely in association with Power to Change
- Hosted a 5 part TV documentary series entitled “Prisoners of Violence”. Kelita’s music was also featured throughout this series.
- Kelita loves to hike, loves photography and is an amazing cook
- After years of working with many people in the ‘background’, and after countless requests,
Kelita has created a one on one Life Coaching/Mentoring/Encouragement Program.
You can find out more HERE.